TABLE OF CONTENTS
- ARTS and CRAFTS
- Beauty and Fashion
- Blog Awards
- Fellow Bloggers
- Giveaway/ Promo/ Contest
- Health and Wellness
- Jobs for YOU
- Live Shows/ Events
- Love and Marriage
- Miscellaneous Musings
- Movies/ Music/ Entertainment
- Pets and Animals
- Proudly Filipino
- Tastebud Delight (FOOD and MORE)
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
What's on my dining table right now? Cute Pickled Cucumbers!:)
Introducing, DEWI'S CREATION CUCUMBER COCKTAIL. Purely organic, the star ingredient of this pickled appetizer is of course, cucumber, claimed to be the smallest in the world.:)
According to manufacturer Ms. Dewi, from whom I only have just a few degrees of separation, the particular type of cucumber that she grows is a result of a 5-year study/ experiment and she utilizes special techniques in planting and proliferating her crops.
Other ingredients include vinegar, salt, brown sugar, onion, garlic, ginger, clove, chili, coriander, dill, laurel leaves, estragon, mustard seeds, pepper and other herbal spices.
Cucumber Cocktail is so good as side dish and appetizer. It is available in Mild and Spicy flavors. I personally prefer the Spicy variant and I must say, it's quite addicting. Despite being submerged in pickle solution in which sweet, sour and spicy flavors perfectly merge, the cute cucumbers stay crunchy. Hmmm.
Right now, Cucumber Cocktail isn't sold widely yet but for those who want to sample this delicious relish, they can contact, ehem, YOURS TRULY, by sending an email to email@example.com or leaving a comment after this post.:D This product retails for just less than a hundred bucks and yeah, great discount awaits bulk buyers.:D
So, CUTE PICKLED CUCUMBERS, anyone?:D
Friday, May 3, 2013
If there's one beverage consumed by a huge chunk of the world's population, aside from H20 of course, it's gotta be coffee. In US alone, the total number of daily coffee drinkers already hit the 100 million mark! (Source: http://www.statisticbrain.com/coffee-drinking-statistics/)
Coffee has long been known for its caffeine content that gives instant boost anytime of the day. However, studies show that excessive intake of caffeine can cause increased heart rate, nausea, vomiting, tremors and other side effects. In spite of it all, coffee remains to be a staple inclusion in people's everyday lives. And the good thing is that, in the recent years, the aromatic drink has started to evolve into a dietary food supplement that offers more health benefits.
ENTER GLORIOUS BLEND 4-IN-1 HEALTH COFFEE.
(Non Dairy Creamer + Coffee + Stevia + Malunggay Powder)
|WHAT'S INSIDE THE STYRO CUP.|
Admittedly, I am not much of a coffee drinker but since my officemate gave me a sample of this new (well, for me) coffee brand, I thought I might as well try it.
What actually sparked my interest is the fact that its formulation contains Malunggay (scientific name: Moringa Oleifera). Here's a description of the vegetable according to the website of Glorious Blend Coffee:Frequently referred to as the miracle vegetable, Malunggay helps boost the immune system, promotes good eyesight, helps with digestion and facilitates bowel movement. It is an excellent source of Vitamins A, B, and E, and minerals such as Calcium and Iron. It may also prevent the development of cancer cells.
Glorious Blend 4-in-1 Health Coffee also has STEVIA which is a healthier alternative to sugar. As stated in the website:
Contains zero calorie, zero carbohydrate, and zero fat. It’s a locally-grown natural and organic-based sweetener/dietary supplement that comes from the Stevia Rebaudiana herb. It naturally sweetens without raising the blood sugar level in the body.
As for the taste, I was expecting its flavor to be a bit on the herbal side (if you know what I mean) but the formulation's actually sweet enough for my liking, pretty much like normal coffee.:)
Over-all, I enjoyed my Glorious Blend 4-in-1 Health Coffee experience and I would gladly have another cup soon.
Initially available at Robinsons Supermarket and South Star Drugstore, Glorious Blend 4-in-1 Health Coffee comes in both sachet (SRP 9.60pesos) and styro cup (SRP 15pesos).
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
If there's one site that had me browsing for hours today, it's none other than Zalora!
I have always been curious about Zalora, thanks to the eye-catching ads that I encounter every now and then. And after what seems to be a century, I finally had spare time to enter the site and little did I know that I was in for an addictive "online window shopping" experience.
Zalora is a one-stop online shop that offers a wide array of fashionable pieces in the Philippines. Clothes, shoes, accessories, beauty products, sports items, stuff for the home - name it, I believe the site pretty much has it. I especially like the fact that it caters to everyone - women, men and even kids!
There's just too much gorgeousness in the site, I must say! Kudos to the Zalora team for really having the eye for fashion. Here are some of the items which caught my interest:
As much as I want to immediately make a purchase, I just couldn't bring myself to decide in just a day when there are over 50, 000 products to choose from!
I guess this is just the beginning of my good relationship with this online shop. I wish though to be able to make up my mind soon so I can already complete my Zalora shopping experience.:)
SHOP NOW AT ZALORA ---> www.zalora.com.ph
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Please set aside nasty judgement. For me to "discover" this only recently simply means I must have lived in a cave for so long. LOL
So what's my great discovery? Well, I found out that DOTS are negligible in GMAIL addresses!
To further illustrate, I'm going to use this fictitious email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now, if I omit the dot in between "sample" and "email" then send a message to email@example.com, it will still be successfully sent to the original address. Likewise, if I add more dots as shown below, the message will be sent nonetheless!
What's the significance of this in my life then? Well, I use gmail for business communication (this is different from my personal address as seen in this blog's Contact Me page) and I often worry that people would overlook the dot placed in between my first name and surname. As a consequence then, I would miss important messages. But now I am assured that it's far from happening, unless of course, what's removed is the dot between "gmail" and "com".:)
Years ago, I was able to send an email to Donald, my Hubby, even if I accidentally erased a dot from his original address. I didn't really ponder on what happened until just a few days back. I tried sending an email to myself using my business address, without the dot, and there went the message straight to my inbox.
For those who have known this since birth, you are free to ignore this post (and secretly laugh at me) but allow me to share this piece of information to anybody out there who has lived in a cave with me for so long.:D
And yeah, I did my research too after and found this LINK helpful.
End of sharing. LOL!
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
IT / Technical Requirements
1. IT Manager (food retail) – location: Taguig; extensive IT management experience, specializing in POS and system / network management; extensive project management experience; must have very good English communication skills; not more than 45 years old; must come from Retail industry (involving POS)
2. Project Manager – location: Makati City, Alabang; junior-level needed with experience in the BPO industry, willing to work night-shift (Alabang); senior-level needed with experience in the banking and finance industries, willing to work day-shift (Makati)
3. Enterprise Network Architect – location: Makati; at least 8 years experience in Enterprise Network Architecting (routers, network, firewall), extensive experience in Information Security
4. Business Analysts (Junior and Senior) – location: Makati; must have 2 to 8 years of experience as Business Analyst working with SAP systems; 1 junior post and 1 senior post need to be filled; candidates for the Senior Business Analyst must have handled finance-related projects
6. .Net Developers – location: Pasig and Makati; at least 3 to 6 years in software development using ASP.Net (Makati), or combination of ASP.Net, C#.Net, and C++ for Windows application development (Pasig); willing to work day-shift
7. PHP Developers – location: Makati, Quezon City; at least 2 – 4 years experience in development using PHP; day shift
8. C/C# Developers – location: Pasig City, Makati City, Cebu City; at least 2 years experience using C/C#; exposure in at least 1 full SDLC; candidates with experience in Perl or VxWorks will be prioritized; day shift; supervisory experience is a huge advantage
9. Perl Developers – location: Makati City; at least 3 years experience using Perl (initially to be used as migration, maintenance and development; after which, a new technology will be used for the project); C# exposure is a big plus
10. Java Developers – location: Makati City, Alabang, or Cebu; must have 2 – 5 years prior experience in programming using Java; must be willing to work mid-shift (UK hours) for Alabang client; day shift for Makati and Cebu clients; successful Manila-based candidates will be given a relocation package (for Cebu client); candidates with experience in data mapping will be prioritized (for Alabang)
11. Firmware Developers – location: Cebu; at least 2 years working experience in firmware development (using C++); exposure to at least 1 full SDLC; successful Manila-based candidates will be given a relocation package
12. Junior SQL Administrator – location: Pasig City (Ortigas); at least 1 year experience as SQL Administrator; willing to work night shift
13. SAP BASIS Operations Manager – location: Makati; must be a degree holder; must have at least 4 years experience handling a team of SAP Security professionals
14. SAP Administrator – location: Makati; with previous experience in SAP Administration of the following modules – BI/BW, or Basis
15. SAP Techno-Functional Consultants - location: Makati; at least 2 years working experience in any of the following modules: PP, CRM, SD, EWM; willing to work the morning shift
16. SEO Specialist – location: Taguig City; at least 2 years experience; sports enthusiasts have a huge advantage; with existing project portfolio
1. Senior Workforce Manager – location: Eastwood; must be a degree holder; must have at least 7 years experience as Workforce Manager; must have experience working with offsite Command Centers (teams)
2. Business Analyst – location: Alabang; must have 2 to 8 years experience in the BPO industry; works hand-in-hand with Business Development team during client acquisition
3. Mandarin-speaking CSRs / Sales Representatives – location: Alabang (CSR) / Eastwood (Sales); must be a degree holder; must high-level communication skills in both Mandarin and English; willing to work shifting schedules (mostly night / late shifts); foreign applicants will be entertained, but cost for application of working visa and other documents must be shouldered by applicant
4. Cantonese-speaking Sales Representatives – location: Quezon City (Eastwood); must be a degree holder; must high-level communication skills in both Mandarin and English; willing to work shifting schedules (mostly night / late shifts); foreign applicants will be entertained, but cost for application of working visa and other documents must be shouldered by applicant
5. Portuguese-speaking CSRs – location: Alabang; must be a degree holder; must high-level communication skills in both Portuguese and English; willing to work shifting schedules (mostly night / late shifts); foreign applicants will be entertained, but cost for application of working visa and other documents must be shouldered by applicant
6. Inbound Sales Representatives – location: Makati; degree not required (undergrads accepted); prior BPO experience required; willing to work the night shift
7. Customer Service Representatives – location: Taguig; degree not required (undergrads accepted); willing to work the night shift
8. Collections Representatives – location: Pasig; degree not required (undergrads accepted); prior BPO experience required; willing to work the night shift
Food / Restaurant Requirements
1. General Manager – location: Taguig; must come from mid to high-tier Restaurant / Fast Food industry; extensive background in Restaurant Operations; Restaurant chain handled must be more than 70 stores nationwide, including franchisees; already a General Manager of a known restaurant chain for at least 5 years; must have excellent English communication skills; must not be more than 55 years old
2. Research and Development Manager – location: Taguig; must come from Restaurant / Fast Food industry; extensive background in Restaurant Research and Development (product conceptualization and development, costing, preparation, etc.); already in R&D Managerial capacity for at least 1 year; not more than 45 years old
3. Marketing Manager – location: Taguig; must come from Restaurant / Fast Food industry (not Food Manufacturing / Commissary);extensive background in Strategic Marketing (research, product launches, traditional and new media marketing management, etc.); already in Managerial capacity for at least 3 years; not more than 45 years old
4. Supply Chain Director – location: Taguig; must come from Restaurant / Fast Food industry (not Food Manufacturing / Commissary);extensive background in Strategic Supply Chain Management (logistics, warehousing, procurement, etc.); already in Senior Managerial / Director / higher capacity for at least 5 years)
5. Assistant Manager for Materials Management – location: Taguig; must be coming from food/ restaurant or food manufacturing industry; at least 5 to 7 years industry experience with at least 3 years management experience in ALL of the following: procurement, logistics, warehouse operations/management; must be Asst. Manager or Manager currently
6. Product Manager – location: Taguig; must be a college graduate; must be coming from the Restaurant / Fast Food industry (at least 2-3 years); must come from large enterprises only; must have 3 years in Product Management with at least 1 year in the same capacity; exceptional skill in the following: defining and launching products, conducting market and product research, conducting competitor analysis, developing marketing plans to promote new and existing products; must be willing to travel
7. Restaurant Managers – location: multiple; must be a college graduate; must be coming from the Restaurant / Fast Food / Café industry (at least 3 years); already as Restaurant Manager; locations: Makati City, Quezon City, Las Piñas City, Pampanga, Cavite, Bulacan, Baguio City
Sales & Marketing Requirements
1. Sales & Training Officers (Beauty and Personal care industry) – must be degree holders (college grad); fresh grads are ok; must have good English communication skills and good looks
2. Business Development Officer (Beauty and Personal care industry) – must not have job-hopping background (must be less than 2 companies in last 4 years); at least 3-5 years working experience; 3 vacancies
3. Regional Sales Manager (Construction products) – location: North Luzon; must know Ilocano (preferred), Pangasinense, or other northern dialects; not more than 45 years old, at least 5 years experience handling sales for construction products (cement, piping, etc.)
4. Marketing Manager (Manufacturing industry) – location: Parañaque; 5 years working experience as Marketing Manager or higher (lateral only); candidate must have acquired experience from construction or manufacturing (any except PVC pipe manufacturing) companies
HR & Admin Requirements
1. Recruitment and Employment Manager – location: Taguig; at least 12 years in recruitment with the last 3-4 years in managerial capacity or higher (not just supervisory); MUST come from Restaurant or Retail industries only; must have managed a recruitment team of 3 or more levels (associate, officer, assistant manager) of subordinates
2. Senior HR Manager for OD and Labor Relations – location: Quezon City (Eastwood); at least 8 years Managerial experience, with solid exposure to Labor Relations and Organizational Development; law degree (LLB) holders will be given a huge advantage; willing to work on a shifting schedule
3. Senior HR Business Partner – location: Quezon City (Eastwood); must have at least 8 years experience as HR Business Partner; must have extensive exposure in the Call Center industry; willing to work on a shifting schedule
IF QUALIFIED, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Job Hunting!:)
Labels: Jobs for YOU